Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Bobby Cox




Sunday was my first encounter with the famous! Well, supposedly famous…
I was working at the baseball stadium that night as usual. When I arrived, I got there early and the door that I would normally take upstairs to the skyboxes was locked. Odd. So I had to take the elevator. When I get to the third floor, there are a bunch of people out in the middle of the walk way and I just have no idea what is going on.
I wandered around trying to find out what was going on. I finally found someone who told me that this guy Bobby Cox was here and there was a meet and greet with him. Apparently he used to own the Braves. A big deal. I think it was, but people kept telling me it actually was, so I believed it.

And guess who got his box? Me! So I got to meet this supposedly awesome guy. And my other box had a bunch of college kids who were obsessed with trying to meet him and get his autograph. It was getting annoying. Id never seen true fans like that before. They were really jealous that I was the one who got to go into his box.

When I went into the box, all the higher up bosses were in there with him. I introduced myself and shook his hand. He was really old. Very average looking, nothing too awesome in his looks. His demeanor wasn’t that awesome either. He was pretty boring. The first time I went in there, I stood around for like a minute while they all talked to each other, and then I walked out. They didn’t need me back till about the fourth inning because he was going to throw the first pitch and then be on the radio, blah blah. He had just eaten too, so he didn’t really want anything.

But when I came back, he ordered a cheeseburger with mayo(just to be nice I think). A little too plain for my taste, but whatever. I went down to the kitchen and had them make a fresh one for him. I took it up there and knocked on the door to get in, yet again. (they locked it so people wouldn’t come in and bother him)

He said he loved it. And then he gave me a $20 tip:) Now I'm a fan! But I wished I cared more about baseball to realize the importance of this guy, but I honestly didn’t care all that much.




You know you're famous when someone tattoos your face on their thigh.


2 Corinthians 8:18
With him we are sending the brother who is famous among all the churches for his preaching of the gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment