Tuesday, July 19, 2011

New Weird Foods



Well here I go again. Catching up on my news! Here goes nothing.
Oh Monday. My Monday was just jam packed full of all kinds of new foods! I went over to help babysit with my awesome friend and my adopted little sister Abby Perdew! She was all by her lonesome with two crazy little girls, so I went over to help.
I went over a little before lunch, so I could help out with the making of our lovely lunch. I made yummy macaroni and cheese shells! Abby made tofu. Yuck! I have never had it, but yuck! I always just hear bad things, but I have never actually tried it for myself. She cooked it with soy sauce on the stove. Well we all sat down and I tried my first piece. It tasted like erasers. It was pretty soggy, she said it wasn’t supposed to be that soggy, but whatever. I couldn’t get through the first piece. I will never in my life understand vegetarians. Don’t even get me started.
My second encounter with new foods was at dinner time. I was still at the Perdews and I was helping out in the kitchen again. My job this time was the ears of corn. They were already husked, but I was just washing them off and getting the rest of the silky crap off. When I was done I needed a pot to boil the water for the corn, so I asked Abby for one. She gave me a really weird look and Jamie(elder sister/chief for the night) turned around and informed me that the Perdews do not cook their corn. Well I just thought that was one of the weirdest things I’ve ever heard. I didn’t know you could really not cook your corn. I didn’t know people did that. I mean how is the butter going to melt all over it? Well I guess it doesn’t. Healthy and raw all the way. I really had no idea what to expect, I think maybe pretty tasteless. Boy I was certainly surprised, it was actually very good, very sweet and a little tiny bit grainy. And it didn’t taste like I was eating as much because the kernels were smaller because they weren’t bloated with water. I'm sure I will be eating more raw corn again:) And when I told my mom about it all, she just thought that was totally crazy haha.
My third encounter with food was free slurpie at 7- Eleven! I wanted watermelon, but they were out so I had to settle for coke slurpie. It was good but not amazing, I’d rather have a regular coke. When you get to the bottom of slurpies, it’s always so nasty.
So between the tofu, raw corn and coke slurpie, I think I had had my full of weird foods for the day.

Matthew 25:35
For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me

No comments:

Post a Comment