Sunday, July 10, 2011

Frosty Paws




I don't really keep up with Jack Jack’s dog food that well, meaning I wait till it's empty and then I have to run out and get some more for him so he doesn't starve. Well, Thursday night was one of those nights, which was what lead to my "new".

By the time I realized I needed to run out and get some food, it was already 11:00PM. The closest store to my house is Food Lion, but they close at 11. I thought I’d have to go all the way to Walmart, but my roommate kindly informs me that Kroger’s, which was just up the street a little farther, was open 24hours! I had no idea that Kroger’s did that! So off to Kroger’s I went!

I brought Jack with me for moral support. When I get in the store, I find the aisle and then start staring for a while at all the different types. I weigh the options, puppy chow vs. beniful crap, on and on. Well I just can’t decide so I start to look at the treats instead because he had just run out of those as well. I’m scanning all the treats when I notice a little fridge on the top shelf. In the fridge are little ice cream treats for dogs! There was a little tub of Dib-like treats and then the other was a pack of four individual little ice cream cups. They were both so cute and so weird at the same time. On one hand, why in the world would you buy little frozen treats for your dog, who is satisfied with just about anything they can get in their mouth, but on the other hand, they were little frozen treats, and they are so cute and my dog really deserves to have something special!

I agreed with the second hand. I went ahead and bought the little Dib type of treats. They are called “Frosty Paws” and they’re made by Purina and they’re even coated with vanilla bean! How precious. 



When we got home, I was so excited to give him some, probably more excited than him. I opened them up, made him sit, and then gave him one. He was really confused with it at first like, “what the heck did you just put in my mouth? This crap is cold!” But then he figured it out and ate it right up! Then I gave him anotherJ

They smelled really good, and they looked good too. I bet they taste real good! I decided I wanted to try one. I took a little bite of the outside coating which was vanilla. Good. Then I bit into the middle. Not so good. It tasted like real sour dough or something. I don’t know why dogs eat gross treats. Maybe they just eat them because we’re really happy to give it to them and they don’t want to hurt our feelings.

1 Kings 16:4
Dogs will eat those belonging to Baasha who die in the city, and birds will feed on those who die in the country.”

No comments:

Post a Comment