Saturday, July 2, 2011

Dark Walk


Well today's new was a little scary, but fun:)

All I do is work work work, all the day long. My only free time is usually just late at nights. If I ever want to do anything with my any of my friends, it always has to be late. Well I really enjoy seeing my friends, and Alyssa in particular is a great one to pass time with.

I informed her that Starbucks was open until 11 so we decided to go there for a while. Well, turns out it closes at ten and it's only on weekends they’re open later. So instead we decided to run through the McDonalds drive-through and then go to my old high school to walk the track there.

First of all, I didn't even know that the track was open that late, and second, it was kinda odd to just go over there for no reason, but there was nowhere else to go, so what the heck.

At McDonalds I got a snack wrap and a small latte. Snack wrap was good, latte was not. It tasted like iced milk with a couple drops of coffee, nasty. When we pulled up to the school, I was surprised to find quite a few cars were there. There were a couple people playing with a soccer ball, a couple people jogging, a machine running, and some people just sitting down on the grass. Randomly enough I knew half the people there. It was really strange. The few people I talked to, I had gone to high school with, it was kind of awkward to say the least. They were the type that you were friends with, but never thought to ever see again.

We went around the track a couple times, Jack pooped on the track, I cleaned it up and we kept on walking. It was good quality time I must say! I quite enjoyed myself. After we didn’t feel like walking anymore, we just stood by our cars and talked for a while. It was super late by that time and there were still two more people who came and started walking. I mean, I’m talkin midnight. People are weird.

But I got home about 1 thirty. I didn’t realize how late it had gotten! I’ve learned a couple of things from this dark walk. Number one, you have to be careful with time because you don’t have the sun up telling you it’s getting later and you don’t want to be walking around in the dark for too long. Number two, always go with a buddy and be aware of the people around you. Number three, don’t get stolen into the dark. If you follow these rules you should be just fine and dandy walking in the dark!

Deuteronomy 8:6
So you shall keep the commandments of the LORD your God by walking in his ways and by fearing him.

1 comment:

  1. Hello. My name is Elizabeth.
    I was wondering if I could use this photo for a Digital COmposition I am working on in my creative writing class. I feel like this picture would be perfect fo my story. I would like it if you could email me as soon as possible. Thank you and Have a nice day!
    --Elizabeth.Hainline@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete