Friday, July 8, 2011

Fourth of July



The Fourth of July! The celebration of our country’s independence! It was a bigger deal when we were little. It was almost like a family reunion because we would all go to a lake and eat and swim, it was a grand old time! But ever since we moved and got old, we didn’t really do much.
So my big plans for the day were to sleep in and then go to work at night. Well, my sleep got interrupted by my dad calling and telling me that they were going to see a parade and told me to get up and dressed real quick if I wanted to go. I decided I should go, I’d never seen a Fourth of July parade before, just Christmas. As soon as I got to my parents house, I jumped in their car and off we went. We were a little late getting there but it hadn’t started yet. We parked and had to speed walk passed everyone before it started. I had Jack, my puppy with me so I felt like I was part of the parade with him. When I walked by, everyone was ooing and aweing at him. Then we found a little picnic table, a little farther back from the road, but we were able to see pretty well.
It was a pretty good parade, not terrible, but what was really missing was music. There was only one really small band and they weren’t very good. There weren’t even any drums. There were a long line of really cool cars that went by, and my dad knew about each one. I knew he knew about cars, but even I was impressed. My favorite part was when this peach farm truck went by and they were handing out peaches! A little boy came by and gave us some, it wasn’t the best peach, in fact it was really hard, but it was still goodJ We also got a balloon which I tied to Jack Jack’s collar, he only got scared a couple times. Parades are always a lot of fun! I am definitely a fan and I will always take my future kids to see them and they will love it!
Genesis 1:19
And there was evening and there was morning, the fourth day.

No comments:

Post a Comment