Sunday, July 10, 2011

White Hart




My new for Wednesday was a classic good time.

I decided to make a change of scenery from Barns and Noble to a different place. I decided to try a quaint little place downtown called The White Hart. I’ve been there before, but I have never made it my place before, the type of place I spend hours at reading or writing. So I decided to feel this place out.

It’s a real cute place with an old homey feel to it. When I walked in, I ordered coffee right away, a latte with an extra shot of espresso and a shot of caramel. He told me he’d have it ready soon and I went and sat down. When I got my stuff set up, he brought over my coffee. Oh how sweet! And I love that they gave it to me in a glass cup instead of a paper one. 



The overall feel of the place was pleasant. A lot of the people that walked in knew each other which made me feel a little like I was intruding. This was the downtown crowd. 

Halfway through my stay, my sister Kim came to join me! She’s taking a class right now and had some homework she needed to do. I was glad I had someone come to visit me in this place, it made me feel like I belonged there more because I knew someone.

The only downside of the visit was that I was having stomach issues… I think it was the coffee, or just me, but my stomach was hurting about the whole time. I need to get healthy or something, I don’t know. 

But my favorite part about the visit was all the interesting people that were there. I love to people watch, so this was definitely the place to be! There was this one girl next to me who had the second cutest outfit one, mine being the first, but she acted pretty snobby. There were a couple runners who came in and modern hippie types, like the kind that don’t wear any shoes and have beards. It was a good time! I will probably be making this place mine more often.


Proverbs 20:9
Who can say, “I have kept my heart pure; I am clean and without sin”?

No comments:

Post a Comment