Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Bike Weekend


Two exciting "news" this past weekend!

On Saturday, I finally, actually got my bike! It was so exciting. I couldn't get it right away because my dad was going out of town and he was buying it through the business and I was paying him back, so I had to wait. But today it finally came! The couple brought it over to our house, which was nice, but then they had to go back to their house because they forgotten the title. When they got back, my dad went to write him a check, but he didn't have any left. Of course. So they had to go all the way to the business to get some checks.

When my dad finally got back, we got to test it out! He rode it up and down the street and I was really surprised by him! He hadn't ridden in years, but I guess once you learn you never forget! I got on and rode with him for a while and he was showing me a little bit. Then I wanted to try a little something, but he wouldn't let me, he said I wasn't ready yet. Psht! I was born ready!

Well Sunday's new proved that I was in fact not quite ready. I didn't crash or anything but I realized I need to practice.

My friend Chris came over to help me with my bike a little. I wanted help right away, because that class I have to take is so far away and I want to learn now! When he finally got to my house, I was more than ready. He pulled it out for me and started it up. He was telling me a few things they say in the class and then he wanted me to sit on it and practice with the clutch and going into first. It needed to be a nice and smooth transition, and so I would rock back and forth. I did alright, not perfect but not bad. I think I was making him really nervous because he didn't want me to do anything wrong and hurt myself. But I was good:) I pretty much fell over at one point though! I'm not used to the weight of the bike, so when it started leaning, it was hard to get it back up.

After that I was done because I could tell there wasn't much more he could tell me because I just needed to practice. I made him ride me around for a little while, just because it's so fun, I love it so much! (he was nowhere near as good a rider as Jacob Russell Perdew though;) When we got back I got on my bike and just tried my best to get used to the weight. I was sitting on it and leaning it to the sides and pulling it back up. Well let me tell you, that was quite the workout! I think I pulled something in my back, it hurts so bad. It's hard to stretch out your back too.

Anyways, wish me luck and send me prayers on my venture to learn how to ride!

Proverbs 1:5
Let the wise hear and increase in learning,and the one who understands obtain guidance


2 comments:

  1. jenny you are just about the coolest person I know! When I get back can you take me for a ride?? :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. of course i will! ill be prepared then haha! Hope ur doing well!

    ReplyDelete