Sunday, June 12, 2011

Stairs



I need to take my workouts to the next level.

On Wednesday I tried something totally new for my workout. My friend from work was telling me about how the guys she works with runs stairs when they get off. Meaning they go to the LU football stadium and run up and down the stairs, around and around. Good idea! I have wanted to try it before because I had seen in on Lost once(the TV show) and Jack lost his footing and hurt his ankle. But anyways, I wanted to do it.

When I got off of work, I felt prepared. I didn't want to do it right away though because the sun was up and it was ridiculously hot outside. So I went on a couple of errands and waited for the sun to start going down, then headed over.

Oh gosh, it was still so hot. I stretched a little bit, started my iPod and off I went. I felt really awkward running down the stairs; one because they were so little so it was hard trying to go fast, and two because I couldn't find a rhythm and there were like three people on the football field and I didn’t want them to see me. When I started running up the stairs, I felt so intense! But it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Maybe because the stairs weren't very steep. But by the time I went around once, I had worked out! I decided to make it around three times. That seemed long enough for me and even though it was a lot of stairs, it went by pretty fast.

That third time, I was hurtin. I was sweating so bad! I felt like I had been running forever. I mean the stadium was pretty dern big! I hate the girls that just run around in their sports bras, but even I couldn't take it anymore and I tucked my shirt into my bra, I know it wasn't the "Liberty Way" but there was no one around, those people who had been practicing had left, so I thought it'd be okay.

Towards the end, I pounded on those stairs like it was no one’s business! They didn't stand a chance against me! I had become the stair stadium queen! Yes, maybe it did make me a little crazy, but that's okay! It was worth it. I looked like I had jumped into a pool too, I was sweating so bad! It was definitely an accomplishment, and hopefully I will be able to go longer next time:) Four laps baby! Four laps!



Nehemiah 9:4
On the stairs of the Levites stood Jeshua, Bani, Kadmiel, Shebaniah, Bunni, Sherebiah, Bani, and Chenani; and they cried with a loud voice to the LORD their God.

No comments:

Post a Comment