Monday, June 13, 2011

Workout Buddy


My new for Friday was certainly a bundle of sweat and laughs.

As you all know very well, I am currently doing the workout "Insanity", and it truly has been. And I have yet to have anyone try and attempt to do it with me. Until today:)

For the past three days I had been texting my best friend Audrey to come workout with me, but every time she shot me down. It was always a lame excuse too, "I have dance practice" or "I'm doing my calc homework," blah blah blah. Excuses are like butt cracks. Everyone’s got them and they always stink. (I'd like to take credit for that one, but I cannot:) Well maybe her excuses weren't totally absurd, but still.

Today she finally said yes! This will be so much fun! Especially because she really had no idea what she was getting into.

I just woke up from a nap when she got over and we started right away. The workout for today was Power Cardio and Resistance. The warm-up for this one was one of the harder ones. We were both sweating from the get go. Then we started really getting into it; now that was fun to watch. When Audrey couldn't do something anymore she would sort of half do it and swing her arms around. And then when she would try and do a pushup, she would get on her hands and knees and then try to do a girl pushup, but didn’t even really do that and then would just stay there on her hands and knees and watch me. She wasn’t trying her hardest, but when we both did, we started yelling and then laughing and then yelling again. It really does help to make noises when you work out!

So not only did we get good cardio, we also got a good ab workout in. I can always rely on Audrey to get a good ab workout in. But because she did my workout, I have to go do her dumb yoga workout with her. Stretching is not working out. It’s just so boring, I hate it. And I am not just saying that because I can’t do it.


1 Samuel 18:1
As soon as he had finished speaking to Saul, the soul of Jonathan was knit to the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul.


P.S. In the picture, I'm the one in the gold and Audrey's the one on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment