Monday, June 13, 2011

Eating a Whole Watermelon

My Thursday “new” was a fail and will be attempting again soon.

So being the summer time, there are always fun new things that pop out just for the summer! Such as the coconut flavor at Starbucks and the cute bathing suits at Target and of course watermelon! One of my most favorite fruits! You know how everyone loves cotton candy because it’s like eating sweet air? Well, I love eating watermelon because it’s like eating sweet water! Well I have certainly had some good pieces of watermelon thus far this summer! I love it so much, I bet I could eat a whole one! Well now there’s an idea…

I really think I could eat a whole watermelon! That is what my new is going to be today! How hard can it be? It’s basically just drinking a whole bunch of water, approximately a gallon of water, if not less is in one watermelon. I did some research on this fact because one of my coworkers had the nerve to challenge me on this point saying there was more then a gallon. Here are my findings:

Approximately 92% of a watermelon is water

The average weight of a seedless watermelon is 10-14lb

The weight of one gallon of water is 8.5lb

The watermelon I picked up was about 9 to 10lb which would get me just about to one gallon of water. Now apparently there are those people that drink too much water at once and die, so I also had to be careful of that. But those people were drinking about 3 gallons, and my watermelon was not that big, so I think I’d be okay.

I got home from work about ten o’clock and popped in a Redbox and got crackin! I cut it in half and then fourths.

Baby wawa



This was my first bite.




Now I feel obligated to add that when I started eating this watermelon, I wasn't very hungry, so I was really pushing myself!


So I had reached the half way point. I will admit, I was hurtin a little bit. I tried to go to the bathroom to create some more space, but it's hard to rush nature.

In the end I was unable to complete my task. I know, I'm more dissappointed then you are trust me. What's more disappointing about being unable to complete this, was that I could have gone farther, I could have gotten it done! But, it was in fact my eyes that closed on me, not my mouth. I was so tired I couldn't eat anymore, I had to go to bed. My true weakness has shown.

But fear not! I am going to rest up, and attempt again very soon! Have faith, I can do anything through Christ who strenghthens me!


Numbers 11:5
We remember the fish we ate in Egypt that cost nothing, the cucumbers, the melons, the leeks, the onions, and the garlic.
(What an awful combinations of foods!)

No comments:

Post a Comment