Monday, June 20, 2011

Jeepin' Around



I will attempt to again go through the past week of “news” and hopefully be able to keep up with my awesome “news” again! I have just been so busy with work and tiredness and my friend’s wedding stuff, so please forgive me and please don’t lose faith in me that I won’t complete my “new” journey, because if you start to lose faith, I will definitely lose my faith!
I believe I left off on Sunday. Well for my Sunday “new” I went jeepin around. Jeeps are just so fun in general. You can take the roof and doors off and just go wild! Now, I have driven in a jeep before, and I have also driven a jeep myself before, but I have never really went off roading on a jeep trail before! And so that was the plan, I was going with some old lifeguard friends and we were going to go to some muddy jeep trails and then go jump off a bridge. Into some water if you didn’t get that…
When they came and picked me up, they found out that the trails they were going to go on were closed for some jeep camp thing or whatever. But they said there was a trail near the bridge we could go, it wasn’t muddy or anything but it’d still be fun. SO when we get there, we start a goin down the trail and Andrew is driving and I am in the front seat and we were following his friend driving his own jeep(I forget his name) and he was going pretty slow. He was trying to be careful and not fall off the cliff but still, it was slow. But not totally unpleasant, it was still pretty fun. Then we stop at a fork in the road and got out to let Frank the hotdog dog walk around a bit, he was a pretty old dog. And he had this real nasty tumor thing hanging from his eye. It was like a permanent black tear. It was pretty gross.
They we started back up again and Andrew got in the front and started going a little faster, which was fun but at the same time I was a little nervous. We almost hit this huge rock in the middle of the road, but he maneuvered around it real quick and I felt like we were about to fall off, but we were fineJ Then we hit a dead end and turned around and when we got to that fork again, Andrew let me drive! I’m so good at driving. It was stick shift too which was even better! I was better than him haha well I thought so anyways, he got a little nervous, but I did real good and it was so fun on that trail. And when we were done, we went and jumped off the bridge! Whenever I go to the bridge, they’re always some real sketch people there, and this day was no exemption. There were a lot. But it was okay, we looked pretty sketch too so we fit inJ Then it started to down pour and we had to go put the top on the jeep really quick, and I mean the rain was coming in sideways and stinging my body and by the time we got to the jeep it had stopped. Great. So we hung out a little bit longer and then left. On the way home though we had to stop and get gas and we were also catching up to the storm so we had to put the roof on, but we still had no doors. When it started raining, it was craziness. I was so so cold! We turned the heat on full blast and when we hit big puddles I kept screaming so loud! It was probably more crazy on these main roads then it was on the trail.
But anyways, that was my Sunday new, and I’m real tired right now so I’ll be catching you up on more “news” tomorrow. Peace!
Numbers 22:23
And the donkey saw the angel of the LORD standing in the road, with a drawn sword in his hand. And the donkey turned aside out of the road and went into the field. And Balaam struck the donkey, to turn her into the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment