Thursday, June 23, 2011

Ketchup


Monday
One of the best “news” I have done so far!
Barnes and Noble is one of my favorite places in the whole world. I love the environment and basically everything they have there. Books, music, movies and coffee! I can really get stuff done here if I really need to. Whenever I have a huge project or test I usually live there for a couple of days. But whenever I have nothing to do and I’m bored I love to come.
Well today I had nothing to do until work at Hillcats that night, so I decided to go. I really needed to catch up on my reading. I love the feeling I get as soon as I walk through those huge glass doors. The smell of the books mixed with the aroma of coffee and the soft music playing is enough to make me want to stay forever! I knew I did not want to go to work tonight, Barnes and Noble needed me to stay! So I got someone to cover my shift so I could stayJ I was so happy.
So for the next 7 hours I stayed happily in bliss at Barnes and Noble. Only once did I walk out of the store to get a little warmer. There are two downfalls of Barnes and Noble, it is always cold and there is only one outlet in the whole store that customers can use. I didn’t need the outlet, but I did need some warmth. But I’m pretty sure that seven hours is a record for me. I’ve stayed for long periods of times before, but I don’t think this long. It didn’t feel that long at all. I wanted to stay longer. The most dreaded words to hear at Barnes and Noble are “Attention Barnes and Noble customers, Barnes and Noble books, music and café will be closing in approximately 30 minutes”, “15 minutes”, “5 minutes”, “We are closed”, and then of course someone has to come tell me to leave, and then after I cry for five minutes I leave. Well maybe that last part isn’t true, but I am sad when I have to go. But after I leave the bookstore, I usually feel a sense of accomplishment, like my day wasn’t wasted or anything.

Exodus 24:7
Then he took the Book of the Covenant and read it in the hearing of the people. And they said, "All that the LORD has spoken we will do, and we will be obedient."

Tuesday

Unfortunately I had to go back to work today, so no Narnes and Boble for me. So sad.
My “new” today happened at work at the baseball stadium. For some reason I had gotten there early and it’s a good thing I did too because there was a double header(that means two baseball games instead of just one because one got rained out) and no one knew it! Nobody told us there was a double header and when I had gotten there early I was already late. I was the first one there and there were already people up in the skyboxes. Two were filled when I got there and then another arrived shortly after.
Then when the other two servers finally arrived we split up the remaining of the boxes and I ended up with 5. I haven’t had that many this season yet. It’s a rare occasion when you do have that many, but it does happen. Needless to say my night was crazy, but pretty fast. I kept forgetting about one of my boxes because I wasn’t used to having that many, but it was okay, they didn’t get all that much.
I ended up with good tips at the end of the night and a great recipe for pound cake! I’d call that a great night! Although I’d rather not have this new happen again please. Thank you!
 Exodus 9:32
But the wheat and the emmer were not struck down, for they are late in coming up.

 
Wednesday

Sometimes when I’m driving home and I’m really hungry, it’s so hard for me to drive by a McDonalds and not stop to get anything. It is just so cheap and good! Why not stop?
Anyways that was my logic when I stopped by on my way home this night. Well apparently I live next to the slowest mcdonalds in the whole entire world. I have never in my life waited so long at a drive through in my life. I have no idea what was going on in there, but this was ridiculous. And it was 10 thirty at night! What in the world? They should not be this slow. I was waiting in the DRIVE THROUGH for about 20 minutes. That is just plain silly. People were parking and going in and sitting down and eating and leaving before I got through. And I couldn’t just park and go in and out because I had Jack Jack with me and he would’ve caused a commotion if I left him in the car and he probably would’ve gotten stolen too. So we had to sit in the drive through while I had to calm Jack down because there was a black cat sitting and staring at him. I guess he thinks his barking will bring the cat closer or that he will just die if he doesn’t get the chance to go smell him out.
When we finally got through the line, I was about to ask the girl what the heck was going on but thought she had  been trying to explain for a while now, so I’d give her a break, and turns out they upgraded my drink and fries. Oh how nice! Not that I needed them too, but I think it resolved our issueJ
Psalm 69:3
I am weary with my crying out; my throat is parched. My eyes grow dimwith waiting for my God. 

Thursday

I just had the biggest printer fail of my whole life.
I went to my dad’s office to get some stuff done for more FASFA crap and I also had to print out some stuff for a lingerie party I was doing the next day.
I had this one scattegories game that I had to print 30 copies out of. Then I had looked up a couple other games I was going to do. But instead of creating a new document to put these games on, I just cut out the other game I had already printed and put these new ideas on it. Then I just hit print, but instead of it printing just one copy, it started printing 30 copies of three pages of game ideas. This was not good! It was printing out of this fancy shmancy printer with a screen and I kept hitting stop and trying to cancel it, but it wouldn’t let me! The only thing it would let me do is cancel each document one by one. That would take forever! I tried stopping it from the computer too, but I couldn’t figure it out. This was ridiculous, it would not stop!
It just kept spittin out pages of a goddess game and sexy names for name tags, I just kept trying to tear them up and throw them away so no one would see them. That would be awkward. Anyways I just ended up leaving it pending and never finishing printing, I don’t know what else to do. It was a weird situation. I just hope it doesn’t start printing out the rest of them when someone else goes to print something else out. Oh well:)
Joshua 21:45
Not one word of all the good promises that the LORD had made to the house of Israel had failed; all came to pass.
 

Friday

STRESS! That’s all I need to say about this “new.”
My friend was getting married tomorrow and we were having her bachelorette party/lingerie party that night and I was in charge of games. Little did I know I would also be in charge of decorations and hosting as well.
I had to work all day and I still had to get a few more things for the games before the rehearsal. I thought I would call the other girls and make sure they had all their stuff together before tonight so that I could be at peace that everything was going to go smoothly. Well things got mixed up and I started worrying and going crazy because I just waited everything to go so smoothly for Megan!
Well it did turn out rather well! For the first time I had been a real hostess at a lingerie party, I did pretty good:) If I had known I was actually going to be the hostess, I would’ve been a little more prepared. I had fun games that we played and funny name tags we all had to wear like “Bootylicious” or “Sexy Bomb” or “Hot Lips”, and we had to call each other by those names and nothing else! I was Cuddle Bunny, it suited me.

No comments:

Post a Comment