Friday, June 10, 2011

iPad 2 Radio Contest



Disappointing...

If you have listened to the radio at all here in Lynchburg, you would know that K92 has been giving away iPad 2s every day for the past week. And all you have to do is listen for two songs by the same artist being played back to back. Then you have to call in and be the 92nd caller and you win! Easy enough right? Well that's what I thought.

So all day Tuesday it was my goal to win this iPad2. I was convinced I could do it. I was listening to the radio so hard all day long. I was listening for two Katie Perry songs to be played back to back. It was torture. This radio station is a top 40 station. So basically I was listening to the same songs being played over and over again. The same dumb songs that I usually try so hard to avoid in the first place. But I had to win! I was going to win! I had already tested the number out and everything, I was all set.

Hour after hour goes by and nothing. Those songs make me want to strangle myself. Now I was at work, so that's why I was able to listen to the songs all day long, but usually someone changes the station every once in a while. It's usually a fight between Spirit FM and K92, silliness. But today all K92. I was listening until about 4 when I was off of work. So I had to listen to it in the car and on the computer in my house. Then I had to leave again and I was listening in the car. Well 5 o'clock rolls around which is when everyone in the whole world is listening. Especially now that there's a prize on the line. Darn it. I thought I had a change till now. Of course they chose to do it then. It was about 5:10 when the two Katie Perry songs are played back to back. I called and I called. I could not get through! Busy signal after busy signal. I called 40 times. I really wanted to win!

I didn't win. I was disappointed, but what're you gunna do? I don't think I'll try again, listening to that station isn't worth it anymore to me:)

Psalm 17:8
Keep me as the apple of your eye;hide me in the shadow of your wings

No comments:

Post a Comment