Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Liberty's Phantom


My Sunday "new" was AMAZING!

I absolutely love Phantom of the Opera. I have seen it on Broadway, last month I saw it at E.C. Glass High School, they did a fabulous job btw, and on Sunday I got to see my college, Liberty University put it on. It was fabulous, and I'm not just saying it!




Every single person's voice was just amazing; all of them are so talented! If I am comparing to E.C. Glass, Liberty's acting and voices were much better! But I like Glass's sets better. Bottom line between the two is Glass has got the money and space, Liberty has the talent. Liberty did do well with their sound and utilizing the space they had.

My favorite part is when the phantom sees Christine and Raoul singing love stuff together on the roof and then the Phantom comes out all sad and then he screams, "YOU WILL CURSE the day you did not do, all that the Phantom asked of YOUUUUUUUUUU!!!!! Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun!" Broadway was probably the best I've seen of this line done.




And then my other favorite part was at the end when Christine kissed the Phantom and then she leaves and he's all sad and then she comes back to give him the ring back and he sings so softly, "Christine, I love you." And she just looks at him and leaves! I cry every time, it's so beautiful I can hardly stand it!

I should really watch the movie again. Gerard Butler plays the Phantom, not that great of a singer, but he pulls off a great Phantom. I would've chosen him instead of Raoul for sure. Who doesn't like a little bad?



 This is my first favorite part, I couldn't find my other favorite, this girl actually mixed the broadway's cast voices to the movie voices(start at 5:25)



Luke 24:37
They were startled and frightened, thinking they saw a ghost.

No comments:

Post a Comment