Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Movie Loner


I did my "new" today on something I feel totally uncomfortable doing, but I just wanted to try it.

I used to work at a restaurant being a hostess, and I always felt so bad for the people who would come in and eat by themselves. It just so sad to watch even if they just don't care at all! Now I didn't go to a restaurant and eat by myself, not that gutsy, but I did do something similar. I went to a movie by myself. I've never done it before just for the same restaurant reason, it's just sad.

I have always just thought it was weird to go see a movie by yourself when you can just go rent one and watch it at home and probably be more comfortable. But I thought I would give it a try.

So tonight I went to the late movie of "Just Go With It" with Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston. Now this movie had gotten super bad ratings, and that's pretty much why I hadn't seen it yet, but I decided to give it a shot. I got there a few minutes late which was good because I didn't really want people to see I was walking in to see a movie by myself anyways. And of course I sit in front the loudest people in the theatre, plus they kept kicking my seat. But it was alright, it was okay, I mean it wasn't like I had a huge headache or anything, oh wait, yes actually I did.



The movie overall wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either. Adam Sandler tends to play the same part in every movie, hard on the outside but then turns into a big pile of mush by the end of the movie, or just mush the whole time. And Jennifer Aniston is just so beautiful and I don't think she will ever change. She tends to play the same character too, but I just love her!

So seeing a movie by myself. It was interesting. Um, not terrible, not great, it was okay. I probably won't venture out to do it again, but I don't think I'll be totally against it either. I think I'll always feel a little weird about it, but I’m not going to let it stop me from living the life:)

John 16:32
Behold, the hour is coming, indeed it has come, when you will be scattered, each to his own home, and will leave me alone. Yet I am not alone, for the Father is with me.

1 comment:

  1. I would have gone with you! By the way I love to go to the movies by myself:) xoxo

    ReplyDelete