Monday, May 2, 2011

Barn Party


Well, here I go again! catching up on my "news" for the weekend:) I shall start with Friday then.

What a butt load of fun my Friday "new" was! So I have this friend Luke, who you could pretty much say that music is his life. So he loves my house and wanted to have kinda a house party/band thing in my house. Meaning he wanted to play with some people in my house and invite a butt load of people. Basically just for fun. Shoot, I'm down!

The plans changed somehow and instead of it being at my house, it was now at a random barn. Well okay, I didn't care too much because my dad would probably have had a problem with it anyways. Good deal.

I had asked off that day to begin with because I thought it was going to be at my house, but now I had no obligation and something came up so I wasn't planning on going anymore. But then my plans got cut short, so on the way home I decided on the spur of the moment to go. They hadn't started playing so it was a good opportunity to head over there. I put the address in my phone and it really was in a weird location. When I started getting closer I saw a lot of cars parked, so I parked and when I turned my car off I heard the music coming from the woods somewhere, but still kind of far away.

I was really hesitant to start walking in the dark to where I thought the sound was coming from, and then this car came driving out of the woods and I hid behind another car because I didn't want them to see me! That would be awkward. But now I knew there was a path where people were driving their cars closer, but I still couldn't decide if I should or not. I would start walking into the woods then I would walk back to my car, then I would turn around; I literally did that four times. I was embarrassed for myself. Finally, I decided to drive my car. I still don't know if that was a mistake or not. There was a path at first and then I was just driving in a field and the grass was up to my windows. My car was not built for this. But I found all the other cars and drove towards the light and it turned out fine after about a minute of bumpy, crazy chaos.

When I walked up to the barn, there was a girl collecting money, oh gosh, I didn't have anything. She said some people paid and some didn't, it was all going towards a girl in the band who was taking a mission trip around the world or something. Well, if I had had money I would've given her some but I really didn't have anything on me, I felt bad. When I walked in I saw a pretty good crowd. I stood in the back next to a bunch of strangers. I didn't recognize anyone at all. Just Luke on the drums.

It was really good! They playing cover songs and I think just one original, maybe two. Everyone in it played awesome and I have never seen someone get so into it so much in my whole life as Luke did. CRAZY! It was so awesome, I loved it.

I moved around the other side of the crowd to get a little better view and I took a couple videos. I stood next to this guy who was one of the tallest people I have ever stood next to in my life. And weirdly enough I ended up eating waffles with him afterwards along with others (other people in general, not just other tall people).

Anyways, everything was awesome, the barn was awesome, everything was dark, but they had cool lights strung up and there was a lot of dust and dirt; which pretty much only added to the awesomeness of it all. There was a pretty good audience too, not too awkward and really diggin' what was being laid down.

On the last song, they told us to make a circle and do a mosh pit, but pretty much boys were jumping in and running into each other and being crazy and dust was flying everywhere! I'm glad that stuff doesn't bother my eyes or anything. They tore up the stage too and Luke through his drums everywhere, it was really funny.

I hung around a little bit while they were cleaning up, I knew the sound guy too turns out. They all wanted to go to Waffle House and I went with them because I was super hungry. I ended a good night enjoying some good chocolate chip waffles with some good company. That's always a great way to end the night:)


Isaiah 38:20
The LORD will save me,and we will play my music on stringed instrumentsall the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD.

1 comment: