Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Kawasaki Ninja



OH YEAH! Finally! After months and months of looking and looking and saving and saving and convincing, I finally did it. I found a bike! Ever since I was little, I have always wanted a motorcycle, well now I've got it! I never thought this day would come so please excuse me being dramatic, but it's a big deal!

There were two bikes I went to look at today. One was a 2006 lime green Kawasaki Ninja 500 and they were asking 2800 for it. The other was a 2009 black Kawasaki Ninja 250 and he wanted 3500. Now they were both overpriced and I'm guessing they knew that, but still it's kinda obnoxious. So today me and my dad went and saw both of them. The green one belonged to this really nice couple and the bike was his wife's but she just doesn't ride it anymore so they decided to get rid of it. It looked brand new! It was in really great condition, I was not expecting it to look that nice at all. Plus she pointed out the fact that because it was lime green people would be able to see you better and it would be safer, and that’s always a good thing. The only thing really wrong with it was that it had 14,000 on it, while the black one only had 1,200 on it. Miles are a bigger deal on bikes then cars too.

Now on to the black one! The guy that owned this bike was a younger guy and he was super nice too. It was in a weird location and there were bugs flying everywhere and I swallowed one and there was a dog barking at us the whole time, but whatever. This bike was nice too, it was all black but he said it had been scratched so he got it repainted and the paint matched, but it was all bumpy looking. He didn't have any of the decals on it either, which I was a little disappointed about. And he said there was something funky with the tail light, but he got it fixed somehow or something, I don't know, I wasn't really listening to him talk about that. This bike did have a smaller engine then the green one, which was good because I am a beginner. Plus this one did have fewer miles. But he did want a lot more for it. Oh I just can't decide!

I told them both I would let them know either tonight or tomorrow at the latest. I talked to my dad a while about it and we both concluded we like the green one a little better, plus it was cheaper, by about a good 600 dollars. YAY! I'm so excited! Now all I need to do is get my license! I have my permit because I have had a sporty scooter for a while, but that's been nothing but problems for me. Now I just need to get into the class ASAP! It looks like there's only one spot left so I hope I can get it!

Anyways, I hope everyone is excited for me and all my new adventures I'll have on my new Ninja 500! Look out for me on the road and don't crash into me please!

Genesis 5:32
After Noah was 500 years old, Noah fathered Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

1 comment:

  1. Jenny Please be really careful on the bike! You must have caught daddy at a weak moment! I'm glad you're getting the bright one. Also why Did youpick that Bible verse??? Ha ha! Love you my little biker chick! xoxo

    ReplyDelete