Saturday, May 21, 2011

Outsourced


This will just about ruin anyone's day. This "new" definitely ruined mine.

So I had this dumb bill that was literally from last summer that I had thought I had already taken care of, but apparently I had not. It was a card from the Gap. I don't even remember what I had gotten from there, all I knew was I owed them a lot more then what my clothes were worth. First off, I thought I had taken care of it in the store, but that was a big No. They are so tricky.

So for about a year it was accumulating late fees, the notices were sent to my parents house so I never took care of it. Well now it was up to the debt collectors to get me to pay now haha. So I endeavored on a journey to pay my bill and I have never been so frustrating with anything like this in my life.

I started out by calling Gap. The first two times I called I told my information to the machine thing and then they said everyone was busy and hung up on me. When I finally got a hold of someone I explained my situation and she said, "Okay, we have a different department handling this." So she transferred me. Then a guy answered and I gave him my information and he said a different people were taking care of it and he gave me the number to call. So I call this place and I had to give my information to another guy that I could barely understand! He couldn't understand me either. I kept telling him my social and he didn't know what I was saying! I mean really. If you're going to talk to the english, you've got to speak and understand it! I know I was speaking clearly too, because I always make it a point to talk slow and clear to these people anyways.

So after practically yelling my numbers to him he said he couldn't help me. Go figure. He gave me the number to this other place I had to call. Oh my word, I had such a headache. This was getting so ridiculous! Well anyways, I called this number and they transferred me yet again! And then I finally was talking to the guy who could help me. He was a foreign guy too. His name was Garnish or Garish or something like that. Anyways he told me I had a bill of $114 I had to pay. Well I told him my situation and how I was trying to get it lowered because I didn't know I had this bill and how I moved and stuff.
"Okay well because of your hardships you have to pay $96," he said.
"Well is there anything else I can do to try and lower it? Talk to anyone else to try and figure it out?" says I.
"Okay, Okay hold on let me talk to my manager."
I'm pretty sure he just put me on hold and waited there staring at it for a minute.
"Okay because of your hardships you can pay $85" he said. I felt like I was bartering with him.
"Um okay that's fine I guess," says I. But I didn't have any checks with me, so I would have to call him back a little later. I told him a time I would call but I was on my way to work and he called me instead. Very persistent. So I gave him all my information and everything was taken care of. Finally.

It's so frustrating trying to do all this kind of stuff, it's taught me my lesson of staying on top of things better that's for sure! Those outsource people make me so sad too, I wonder if they even like doing all that junk. They always sound like machines to me. The only thing that makes me feel a little better about it all is the show "Outsource", I hope they're all like that in real life:)

This was is what I imagine Garnish/Garish to look like:)


Genesis 23:4
"I am a sojourner and foreigner among you; give me property among you for a burying place, that I may bury my dead out of my sight."

1 comment:

  1. Oh Jenny:( I do hope you've learned to pay your bills on Time.I am not a good example with money! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete