Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Zebra Stripes



I had planned on doing this "new" a while ago, but for some reason just never got around to it. I don't know why I waited! It turned out so good!

As most of you are all well aware, my house that I currently reside in, is in fact being demolished. This has been mostly a negative situation for me, but I have found some perks. Basically I'm allowed to do whatever I want to the house since it's being torn down anyways:) What an opportunity!

So I decided to take advantage of the bathroom! Give me some zebra stripes on those dull white walls! BAM! It was done.

The bathroom really did need some spicing up! So, I added the stripes:) I started out using just interior black paint, but it was really runny so I switched to acrylic and it worked perfectly. I was just doing the outlines of all the stripes and I was going to go back and finish filling them in, but it was already taking a long time. For such a small bathroom it was becoming a lot of work! I had to call for reinforcements.

"Hey! What ru doing???!!!"
"I just ate dinner and now I'm doing my calc homework."
"Come over and help me paint!"
"Okay! I'll be there in about an hour."

What would I do without you Audrey! She came over and started filling in the stripes and we were rollin! Then we decided it was best to take a break and go get some ice cream. That's usually always the best thing to do in all situations. Well, ice cream was closed so the next best thing was frozen yogurt. I got cookies and cream with the mellow sauce and oreo crumbs and brownie bits and sprinkles. It was amazing. And Jack Jack enjoyed a little sugar free vanilla yogurt himself:)

When we got back, we realized that we were running low on paint. Oh crap. We were right next to Wal-Mart too so I could've just picked some up real quick. Now we had to be smart about it. We didn't have much to go, so I was pretty sure I'd be able to make it. Audrey got tired and decided to quit, but I stuck it out and finished! I could've stood in there forever just fixing little things, but I had to stop.

When I went back and looked at it with a fresh pair of eyes it looked really good! I'm really happy with it. Now because I did such a great job, maybe my dad won't tear the house down! Wishful thinking...

The lesson to be taken away from this new, is that even though your house might not be being demolished, don't be afraid to paint some zebra stripes on the wall! It would thrill you! And there's always more paint in the world to cover it up if you change your mind later on down the road.


Progress!




Finished!!




Psalm 89:32
then I will punish their transgression with the rodand their iniquity with stripes

1 comment: