Tuesday, May 31, 2011

REDBOX CRAZY!


Isn't Redbox just the greatest thing that has ever been invented? I don't know why it wasn't invented sooner! I must admit though, I was against it at first, just because of the fond memories of going to the video store as a child with the family. And sometimes it is hard to adjust to change, but adapting is surviving which is why I had to get used to this "Redbox."

It was hard to see the video stores closing one by one, but they refused to adapt so they had to pay the penalty. Blockbuster was the only smart one that came out with their own box that has been rather successful I am sure. I can't give all of the credit to Redbox for closing all those stores though, the major blow was Netflix. Oh how I love Netflix, for a small fee you are allowed to watch a gazillion movies and have them sent to your house as well! Who wouldn't love that? But when you want a movie right away and you don't want to just watch it on the computer or you just don't have internet(which was my case), Redbox is the way to go!

So for my Saturday "new" I had a true Redbox experience. My parents left me to watch the dogs yet again so I was stuck at my parent’s house Saturday night with no internet. Redbox here I come! I also had a couple promotion codes for 50 cents off of a Redbox movie. If you text "REDBOX" to 727272, they'll send you random promotions for a free redbox or other things:) Use it and abuse it people!

So I go to Redbox with the intent of just getting one, which would only be 50cent, but I decide to get another because then it'll only be a dollar 50. And then I get carried away. I walk away from Redbox with five movies. That's right people, five. I don't know why, I was just in a movie watching mood! But I was embarrassed if anyone saw me leaving with that many movies in my hands.

It was about ten in the p.m. when I started them, well maybe nine 30. Needless to say, I went to bed pretty late:) The first movie I don't even want to say the name, it was probably the most depressing movie of my life. At the end I just felt so empty inside. It was about how a couple fell in love and then got divorced. Seriously.

Then I watched Vanilla Sky, the one with Tom Cruise. It was pretty weird! It definitely got the wheels turning in my head. It had a good concept and good cast and was well put together. I recommend it. Get ready for the weirdness though!

Then I watched Roommates. Yeah, I fell asleep on this one but I had definitely seen enough anyways. I do not recommend this movie. It was weird and stupid.

The next day I finished it up with Step Up 3. It makes me want to dance so bad! The story line was pretty good but the dancing was amazing! The way these people were moving was just blowing my mind! They were all truly talented! So if you like dance movies, this one is good.

Now I did have one more movie, Stone, but my trusty beau Jacob told me not to watch it because it had a lot of bad stuff in it! Thanks for protecting my mind honey buns:)

Anyways, I really enjoyed this experience, I don't know if I'll do it again, but I enjoyed it! It was also embarrassing to return that many movies to the box the next day. Nothing beats a great movie night!

1 Samuel 6:11
And they put the ark of the LORD on the cart and the box with the golden mice and the images of their tumors.

If you're having trouble adapting to the Redbox, watch this video and it will help you to understand it a little better:)

No comments:

Post a Comment