Monday, May 9, 2011

Never Trust Craigslist

Such a scary experience! My new for Friday was one of the strangest I've ever had!

So Friday, I'm looking on Craigslist, and I look under the stuff listed as Free just to see if I can find anything good. Well I did stumble upon something, a free TV! Some people have some crap and they just don't feel like moving it or hauling away so they'll put it on Craigslist to get people to come and get it.

Well this lady was preggers and she was moving and she didn't wanna mess with her TV, so she had it out in front of her house for anyone to come pick it up. I will! I will! The directions to her house aren't that difficult and it isn't that far away. So off I go, to find a new free TV!

I'm on my way, I make a couple of turns and I don't really know where I am. The last turn is on this street called Roundabout Hill. Well first off, it isn't paved at all which is a little sketchy, and then I am trying to get my car up the loose gravel hill and it was not easy! It was super bumpy and gravel was going everywhere and I even had to switch from 2nd gear to 1st. Then I actually made it! I was relieved.

Then I had to actually find the house. The number was 122. I kept passing all these weird numbers that were in no order at all. Like 310 then 224 then 350. And all the houses looked weird and run down.Then I got to were the road technically ended and someone's driveway started. I nearly slammed on my breaks. The entrance to the driveway had all these scary signs! "KEEP OUT", "DEAD END", "NO TRESPASSING". and then there was one that said "GO AWAY, WARNING! OLD HERMIT WITH SCOPE", and then it had a butt tally of 16! It was so scary! I turned right around, after I took a picture:)



And then I was trying to bust my butt on outta there and all these dogs came out of no where and surrounded my car! They were barking and weren't letting me go! I had to inch my way out and then I hit the gas and they were still chasing after me! And then I had to go back down that hill, but it wasn't as difficult as going up.

Welp, I didn't find a TV. Or even the house for that matter. Craigslist is super sketchy. I was just expecting some creepy old man to pop up out of no where and drag me back to his house by my hair. I won't ever do that "new" again.


Job 33:16
then he opens the ears of menand terrifies them with warnings,

2 comments:

  1. Didn't daddy try to warn you about Craigslist? What if the hill had been up to get out of there instead of down? The hills have eyes 3 Jenny chapter one!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "And the times of this ignorance God overlooked; but now commands all men everywhere to repent." Acts 17:30

    ReplyDelete