Friday, April 29, 2011

Oriental and Mr. Goodies



Today was a really weird "new." I didn't really plan anything i just went with it.

When I got off of work, I decided to get Mr. Goodies before I went to the park. Now if you have never been to or heard of Mr. Goodies, it is a little ice cream place they serve ice cream out of a little trailer in a parking lot. It sounds sketchy but it's super cute though! It has a big huge ice cream cone sitting on top of it and there are picnic tables for people. I got a Pina Colada snowcap, which is flavored water ice and then ice cream and then the water ice again. It is so delicious! But the girl didn't really make it right because it was just dripping everywhere and Jack was jumping to get every drop.

When I got back to my house my roommates said they were going to Mr. Goodies and asked if I wanted to go. Well of course I do! I never want to give up an opportunity. This time I got the hot fudge brownie sundae. It is absolutely, out of this world fabulous. The best thing you will ever put in your mouth. It's the best thing they have on that menu. After we ate for a little while, I was finished and I really wanted to go in this 99cent Oriental Grocery store that was right next to where we were. I had always seen this store every time I went to get ice cream but I had never been in. Well tonight was the night!

My roommate went with me and it stunk as soon as we walked in. No idea why, I guess just all of the weird foods. It was mostly like a grocery store for the Asian community of Lynchburg. And there was nothing there for 99 cents. I was a llittle disappointed about that. But I did end up getting sweet some stuff! I got noodles and dried mango and these coconut rolls. I was real excited about them! Especially these coconut rolls. I will bend over backwards for anything coconut. ***side note- Doing these "news" every day makes me realize more and more how easy it is to make me happy, I almost feel like a child*** The man who checked us out was really very nice, but his finger nails were super nasty! Some were long and yellow. My total for everything was about six bucks, which really wasn't very bad at all, I was pleased.

Well I was a little afraid to try these rolls just in case they were completely nasty, so I made my roommate try one with me. They were very good! Very dry and crunchy because they were wafers with the little coconut cream in the middle. They were something you would want to eat with coffee or tea.

I was very pleased with myself and all the new things I had done today:) I didn't eat dinner and went to Mr. Goodies twice, I went into a weird oriental store and got weird yummy food! What a great weird new day.


Isaiah 55:2
Why do you spend your money for that which is not bread,and your labor for that which does not satisfy?Listen diligently to me, and eat what is good,and delight yourselves in rich food.

No comments:

Post a Comment