Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Kindred Spirits


Today’s “new,” was definitely different and a lot of fun!

I work Tuesday through Saturdays and I am a full time student. On Wednesday and Fridays I have to leave work and go to class. It's a lot of driving, I go to class in the morning then I go back to work, then back to class and then to work again. It gets really old. But I had some company today! It was a new for us both.

One of the ladies at the salon brings her 6-year-old daughter with her every once in a while, and we have become real chums! Her name is Taylee and she is the cutest sweetest little girl. Well she was in the salon today and she was standing next to my desk when I announce I have to go to class now and I tell her she can come with me if she wants. I thought she would just laugh or say no, but she said Okay! She said she had never been to Liberty before. I was only half serious when I thought of it, but I was pretty sure it'd be okay if she came. We got the okay from the mom, so off we go! It would be a new for both of us.

We got her booster seat, I gave her some ray bands to wear, got buckled up, and off we went! When we got to school, I told her to hold my hand so no one would steal her and we walked to class. I felt like I had a puppy with me, everyone was looking like they had never seen a child before, it was so funny.

When I got to class we go right up to my usual spot in the front of the room. We tried to look inconspicuous. My teacher came over and said it would be okay only just this one time. Whatever, she's not gunna bite anyone, relax. My class was really boring for her, the Psychological and Social Aspect of Clothing. It was real six-year-old material. She copied a little bit of the notes down for me, her writing got bigger and bigger as she kept on writing.

Finally class ended. We decided that getting smoothies would be the best decision for our intense studiousness.

When we got back to the salon, she had found an Easter egg and we spent most of the rest of the day taking turns hiding it and finding it again. It was a new and fun day for both of us, we have become kindred spirits!


Luke 16:9
And I tell you, make friends for yourselves by means of unrighteous wealth, so that when it fails they may receive you into the eternal dwellings.

No comments:

Post a Comment