Monday, April 4, 2011

The Whole Wide World



Today was a very much blasé kind of day. I mean it is Monday for goodness sakes. And I definitely did not get the memo that it was "dress" day today. Literally three out of every four girls was wearing a dress today. I felt very underdressed.

I did a couple of ½ new things today. The first thing I did half counts half doesn't. I went to convocation today, which if you don't know is something that Liberty University has that is mandatory for students to go to three times a week in the morning. It's basically like chapel. But since I'm a commuter I don't have to go, so I haven't been to convo in about a year. It's been a long time. Even though they have really great speakers sometimes, I just don't go. But today I actually decided to for some reason. Strange. It wasn't very good either. They had a Republican and a Democrat and they were talking back and forth and saying how they were still friends and they can find common ground. Blah Blah. It made me not want to go back to convo. But it was definitely a new for me!

My second new happened when I was at Barns and Noble with my mom. I went up to get coffee and the girl that was working there has been working there for a long time. I would know because I like going there a lot. And she just always has this attitude like she's mad at something all the time! She always pierces her lips into a thin line and sticks them out a little like she's doing me the biggest favor in the world by making me coffee when she could be doing other things. I was dying to ask her, "What is your problem?! Be happy! You are so ridiculous!" I wasn't going to say all that, but I was going to ask her if there was something wrong because really, she was being ridiculous. But I lost my nerve. I was disappointed in myself.

So when Narns and Boble (as I sometimes like to call it) was just about to close, I saw a bin of maps in the corner. I have always wanted to get a huge world map and put a bunch of pins in it of all the places I've been and all the places I want to go. I picked out a cool looking one and bought it for 8 bucks. Not bad. Then I went to Walmart to get pins to put in it.

I get home and my roommate helps me put it up and it looks really good and we just spend a lot of time looking at all the different countries. I really feel like I'm going to learn a lot just having this hang it my room! I feel like I could stare at it for hours! I did not know that Libya by itself was bigger than France and England combined. It's just blowing my mind! And just how itty bitty Japan is but so many people live there! (even though when I went to look up how many people are living there exactly it said the population has been going down)

This is going to remind me to pray for all the different countries around the world too! Ones I didn't even know existed. Isn't it weird to think that there are people living in areas around the world you didn't even know where there? Craziness.

But anyways, I tried to start putting pins in the map but my walls are really weird and hard like cement so I couldn't do it. I need to get like a cork board or something to put behind it. I'm really excited about it though! I'm going to learn a lot from it just hanging there!

Mark 16:15
And he said to them, "Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment