Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Record Bracelets!

I'm not done with these records just yet my friends! I must do as many things with them as I can think of! Today for my "new" I made the records into bracelets! Aren't you so impressed with me?

I started the project so late at night because all I wanted to do when I got home was eat and watch TV. And I had a lovely time doing so! My lovely roommate made me a lovely dinner and I watched Baby Mama, super funny movie! I recommend it:)

So I started making the bracelets at about 11:30 in the P.M. but it was worth it! I had looked up a video on how to go about doing this, and it seemed real easy, at least for me. I pre-heated the oven to 200 and I put the record on a cookie sheet and in the oven. When it started to warp a little I took it out and cut it up into strips and put them back in the oven. When they started getting warm again I took them out one by one and I used a soup can to wrap it around. Each bracelet was a little different, and I love how they turned out!

I didn't want to just leave them plain, but I didn't have any charms or ribbon I could just punch a hole and thread it through. So I decided to do a little collage thing on each of them. I don't remember the fancy thing it's called when you do those collages on something, like poly-something. Well anyways I decided to do that on each one.

I went through a magazine and torn up pictures and designs I liked. I used paper glue to put it all together. The first one I did was just all newspaper looking, which I really liked because it could go with a lot. Then I did another one with a cool flower swirly design and then the third one looked magazine looking and the last one I left plain.

Well I think all of these turned out rather well! When I am poor this Christmas, all of you can expect one of these bracelets from me:)





Ezekiel 23:42
The sound of a carefree multitude was with her; and with men of the common sort, drunkards were brought from the wilderness; and they put bracelets on the hands of the women, and beautiful crowns on their heads.

If you want to give it a try here a video to help!

1 comment:

  1. Jenny may I have the flower one for mother's day? It's so pretty! Love you!

    ReplyDelete