Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Bedtime Story


I wrote a bedtime story a long time ago in a letter to someone very close, and so I decided that for today's New I would perfect the little story as much as I could and share it. Here goes...

There once lived a cookie that was made all warm and gooey and his name was Chip. Now Chip knew he was a good cookie, his dough’s ingredients perfectly measured, his chocolate chips were the best money could buy, and he was baked to that golden brown perfection. None could compare! And even though he knew how good and perfect he was, he was not happy. He felt that there was something missing.
“Isn’t there something else out there that can make me even better?” he pondered. 
And he knew, deep down in his warm chocolate heart that there must be more out there, something that could make him even better. So he set out on a journey in search of his “something missing”, as he called it.

From his china plate throne, he rolled across the counter to the sink. He came upon a bottle of soup. 
“Are you my something missing?” he asked sweetly.
The bottle of soup turned, looked at him, and blew a bubble in his face.
“Oh!” he exclaimed, “How inconsiderate!” And Chip turned away and continued on his expedition. 
Chip then decided to hop onto the nearby table. He rolled up to a couple of napkins having an argument.
“Look at my pattern work! Clearly I am more appealing to the eye!” exclaimed one napkin.
“Yes, but I am much softer to the touch. It’s all about the feel baby!” the other protested.
“Excused me,” Chip chirped, “I don’t mean to interrupt, but are either of you my something missing?”
They both stopped and stared at him.
“Would you look at this guy?” the first napkin exclaimed, “did you not see us having a conversation?”
“Yes, but…” Chip tried to explain but the other napkin interrupted, “But nothing, you are rude and you need to go.”
So Chip rolled off and away from them, fast. But just before he hopped off the table, he ran into some salt and pepper shakers.
“Wow, look how fun and happy they are!” Chip thought, “they MUST be my something missing.” He was so excited he started to yell, “Hey Salt ‘n Pepper! I’m Chip the cookie! Are you my something missing?”
“No Chip, I’m sorry, but we aren’t” explained the Salt ‘n Pepper, “We are each other’s something missing! We can’t do anything for you.”
Chip got so sad, his chocolate chips were melting and he started to cry.
“Don’t lose hope!” exclaimed the Pepper. “I know you’ll find your something missing somewhere out there!” the Salt agreed.
 But it was no use, Chip was so distraught. And just when he was about to lose all hope, a light shone right on him. He stopped crying.“Where is that coming from?” he thought. So he started to follow it.

It was coming from a huge white box with a door on it that had been left open. It grew colder as he rolled closer and closer until he was right next to it. He peeked around the door.

There she was. He knew instantly. She was in a slender glass bottle and the purest of white. The light caught on her bottle and sparkled. Chip rolled up to the bottle of milk.
“What’s your name?” he asked.
“Dairy,” she answered smoothly, “what’s yours?”
“Chip,” he said and she nodded. “I’ve been looking everywhere for you,” said Chip, “You’re my something missing.”
And thus began the greatest relationship known to this world. A love and bond so strong, no one could break, even if they wanted to. They were soul mates, destined to be together forever and ever until the end of time. The milk and the cookie. The end.



 1 Corinthians 13:13
So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment