Saturday, April 9, 2011

Insane!


First off, I want to begin by letting everyone know that this past week was not a bad week for me so please don't be mad that I have not been faithful to my blog. Thank you!

Anyways my New yesterday was very entertaining and certainly got my mind off things. My friend Danni had called me the other day and asked if I wanted to go to my old high school for a dinner theatre type of deal. "Well I certainly do!" I told her and so after I got off of work I went and picked her up and we were on our way.

I park as close as I can, and we sit in the car a bit because I'm catching her up on my life and she keeps giving me little chocolates to make me feel better and I keep eating them because chocolate always makes you feel better. It's just a fact of life.

It starts to drizzle when we walk in. Now I should have informed you earlier, but better late then never, Danni and I were both big into theatre when we went to Heritage so we always love to go back and see how things are going. She's a year younger then me so she knows more people then me, and she sometimes still gets involved with it, but I don't care, I love seeing my old theatre director. And as soon as we walk in we see Biff, as everyone calls him. He was such an awesome director! Everyone loves him so much. I give him a huge hug, he loves me too:) We make a little small talk and then we walk in.

They had tables set up on the stage where we were supposed to sit and so I pick a table and we have a seat. And Danni ends up knowing the people at our table which was awkward because she really didn't say hi to them right away and so I was just confused. It also wasn't a "dinner" theatre, it was a "dessert and coffee" theatre and each table had a little waitress to bring the things. Well I don't know why, but I got real irritated real fast with this girl. I think it started when she asked me what I wanted to drink and I said I wanted some coffee and water. Well she just told me no. I could not have two things to drink. Excuse me but I not just pay $5 so I could come and drink some coffee and eat dessert. And it was WATER. So dumb. I just kinda stared at her when she told me that. And then Danni chimes in and says "I'll get the water and she'll get the coffee," and she gave me the water. Geez louis. And then they bring a dessert tray by, but it all looked nasty and she said she could run and get me something else real quick, but it was too late. The play stared and all I had was nasty coffee. But it was okay, I was more interested in the plays. They were putting on two one-act plays, and they were both crazy.

The first play, I forget the name, but the whole thing was crazy. Think Sible. You know that older movie with that girl with like 16 different personalities. Freaky. Well this main character Billy was being accused of raping two girls and he has like 23 different personalities. So this whole play we"re seeing all these dofferent personalitioes and trying to figure out what had happened. Well turns out, one of his little quiet personalities, this 19-year old girl was the one that did it. Goll-EE! But in the end they fused all the different personalities together so it was finally just Billy left. Wow. That was difficult.

At intermission I finally got my chocolate pie. It was okay. I guess nothing could really satisfy me that night. And the coffee was just really nasty! I don't know why. Andd our waitress was just so weird, I think something was wrong with her.

The next play was insaine. Literally. It was about the insanity of Mary Gerard. It started out with Mary in this chair being shocked and then all these carzy people came out of no where who were basically figments of her imagination. The whole play they show he how she got there and how her husband addmitted her. They convince her of her insanity and she finally accepts it at the end. "INSANE!" She screams. Intense.

Everyone did a great job, I loved both plays. It's nice to know the theatre department still does well without me, definitely not as good, but still okay:)


1 Samuel 21:13
So he pretended to be insane in their presence; and while he was in their hands he acted like a madman, making marks on the doors of the gate and letting saliva run down his beard.

No comments:

Post a Comment