Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Building a Tree


Making a tree is not as easy as God makes it out to be. Now I'm not trying to compare myself to God by any means but still, it's hard.

For my "new" today I decided to make a tree on my wall. I just love trees! There is just something about them that is just so strong and beautiful! And my favorite story is The Giving Tree! A big beautiful tree in my room would just make it perfect.

Now my plan emerged from a magazine picture. It was in a "Modern Salon" magazine and the article was about the salon of the month. It was a very earthy and organic looking salon, and on the wall was this tree on the wall made from splintered boards and such. It was so neat! I needed to do that on my wall.

I ripped the page out and when I went back to my house, I showed my dad to see if knew where I could get some wood.
"I don't know where you could find that kind of wood Jenny," he said.
Well I look over next to the garage and there's  a huge pile of wood no one is using and it was pretty much what I needed.
"Well can't I use that wood over there?" says I
"Yeah if you want."
I do want! It was exactly what I needed! He is so silly.

A lot of the wood was nailed together, so I spent most of the time pulling it all apart. I felt like such a man! It was so fun. I put all the wood in a trash can thing and did my best to carry it inside without falling. It was a lot of wood!

The best spot for the tree I found was behind my door and it'll cover a lot of that wall and the branches will kind of hang over my bed. I picked out the first piece I would drill into the wall, it was really exciting! Haha it's pretty sad I got so excited about drilling wood into the wall. I was just waiting to hurt myself the whole time too.

I was getting pretty far into it, I had to pull a lot of the boards apart to give it a more splintered look. Then I had a minor set back when the bit fell out of the drill and I could figure out to get it back in. So while I waited for my dad to call me back, I ate some food(I went grocery shopping at my parents house earlier so I finally had food in the house) and I watched Malcolm in the Middle. I love that show so much, it's so hilarious.

When my dad finally called me back it was about 10:45, but I decided to keep going. I worked until about 1 in the A.M. It wasn't continuous work though, my roommate was talking to me and I had to deal with Jack Jack a little, but I got pretty far, but I didn't get to finish:( It looks really awesome though!

I will post a picture of it as soon as I get done with it. And if you like it, I will totally be willing to build a tree on your wall too! All you have to do is feed me:)

1 Peter 2:24
He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.

No comments:

Post a Comment