Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Goodwill



I love Goodwill. I have always loved Goodwill. Sometimes we go through little rough patches, but for the most part, I just LOVE Goodwill.

I can always seem to find things there, whether shoes or shirt or a knick knack. BUT, you have to be willing to look through things. You have to find the roses underneath the thorns, and that’s where most people are lost. They aren’t willing to look through those rocks and thorns to find the good stuff.

I decided to make Goodwill a part of my new for the day. I became inspired by this girl I met the other day when I was mixing up creamer in my coffee. At first she commenting on liking my sandals and I look up at her and she was wearing this really unique red ethnic looking dress. I told her I really liked her dress and she informed me she found it at a thrift store. "Shut up!" says I, and she goes on to tell me how she likes weird dresses and finding a lot of cool different ones. How interesting!

So none the less I became inspired by the girl and I set out on a quest to Goodwill to find something awesome. Well let me tell you, I have never shopped Goodwill so intensely in my life! I started out in the dresses and found SO MANY. Then I went over to the knick knacks and picked up some records to do a cool little art project with. Then I found a box and an elephant statue thing and then I found this wicked looking silver swirly candle holder that goes on the wall. They where all really great finds!

After I tried on all of the awesome clothes I had picked out, I found about four pairs of shoes! I couldn't believe how great I had done! I found a lot of clothes for the summer time already and for cheap cheap! I got all of my stuff for about fifty dollars, PLUS my sister is going to give me $30 towards it because she wanted to take me somewhere for my birthday to spend some money, so this will be it!

I know Goodwill can be stinky, and yes most of the people that go there are a little bit strange, but you can find some really great stuff! If you're interested in me coaching you on some Do's and Dont's of Goodwill, I'd be more than happy to take you under my wing! I do consider myself a professional. Some examples of what I mean would be, Do grab some stuff that you are iffy about, chances are it will look good on even though it didn't look good on the hanger. Don't buy underwear, sheets, bras or even bathing suits from there, you really never know what those things went through and it’s not worth it. Do try to barter a little bit if you feel like a knick knack you found should be a little less, most of the time they will lower the price a bit for you. Do buy shoes there, I have found some really awesome shoes from thrift stores and sometimes people do have nasty feet, so if you feel the need, just spray the inside of the shoes with something, it won't kill you.

I hope I was helpful in some of my tips! It was really very fun hitting up Goodwill so hard, I was thinking about going to a different thrift store in town tomorrow to see what over treasures I can find. With a little patience and a stiff nose, thrift stores can be very rewarding!


Job 22:21
"Agree with God, and be at peace;thereby good will come to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment