Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Outback Flyhouse


I have never been so disappointed with a restaurant this much in my whole life. I had gotten a gift card for my birthday for Outback Steakhouse and I had never gotten a gift card for a restaurant before so I was excited to use it for my new!

I asked Jacob(he's a soldier for the United States Army) to go with me! So we rode over there and it was a Tuesday night so it obviously was not that crowded and we were seated right away. The last time I had been here was more then a year ago, so I was unfamiliar with the menu. All I knew was that I wanted the bloomin' onion for an appetizer. Delicious! I was totally lost with the menu too. I had no clue what I wanted. I just wanted something good! So I told Jacob to order for me. I wish people did that for me more often, then I would always end up with a variety of food and it would always be a surprise!

So he ordered the lamb rack for me, yum! I was excited. I also ordered this drink call "Coco Berry," or something like that. It had coconut and strawberry in it, so I decided to get it just because of the coconut. Well, I should've just stuck to my Pina Colada. It was all sour tasting  like lemonade, and I do not like lemonade. Disappointing. I'll never stray again!

It took a while to get the appetizer and my drink and then it took FOREVER to actually get our food. And I don't even know why because there was no one even there. But we occupied our time looking up upcoming movies(Mr. Popper's Penguins with Jim Carry! Can't wait!) and we played a couple of rounds of Rock, Paper, Scissors; classic.

They finally brought our food out and we prayed and then I went straight for my mashed potatoes. They were cold! And I'm not talking like just room temp, I mean cold. And then I look over to Jacob to show my disgust and I see him picking through his fries and he looks up at me,

"Look!" he says.

I look on his plate and in his fries is a big dead fly! EW! It was so gross! and then he held up another fry that had it's leg sticking out of it. I wanted to throw up! It was so sick. I just covered my mouth and started laughing so hard! I couldn't believe it! And then he didn't even want to send it back! He has this paranoia that if you send anything back or complain about anything, they'll pee on your food in the back. Oh my gosh, we HAD to send it back!

And then out of no where the manager pops up at our table making his rounds and asking if everything is good, and I was like, "Um, he needs to send his back."
"What seems to be the problem?"
"Um there's a dead fly in his food." Haha! It was so sick! He saw it and took it back right away, he was embarrassed. But now Jacob had to wait even LONGER for his food, and it had already taken so long. We asked if he could just have the steak off of it because that was fine, but they had just chucked everything, which I was glad of.  It could've been crawling around on his food!

Well my lamb was good! I actually loved it, the sauce that was on the side was fabulous. When he finally got his fly free food, there was double the amount of fries on his plate as before and the steak looked great and it really was! And everyone kept coming over and apologizing to us. They took the steak off the bill and gave us free dessert if we wanted, but we were too full.

What a bad experience overall. I'll probably go back at some point, but it won't me my decision to. I've learned that I seriously need to check my food before I eat it. Everyone always should! Never forget or you'll end up like the Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly.



Isaiah 7:18
In that day the LORD will whistle for the fly that is at the end of the streams of Egypt, and for the bee that is in the land of Assyria.

2 comments:

  1. I am not scared of people peeing i was just kidding about that !!!! i just didnt care that much its just a little fly !!!! i eat food out in the feild all the time that flys craw all over .... have u ever had an APPLE OFF A TREE haha jj good read :>

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! oh my gosh no that is sick! haha its different when you're in a resturant! NASTY!

    ReplyDelete