Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Russian Invasion




Oh Monday, Monday. Such a hated day. So far away from Friday! Never a very exciting day this Monday, but I ate a little something new to spice it up!

I went over to my parent's house for dinner, and there were about three Russians there. My sister's fiancée was there along with his mother and some other lady that I never did figure out her relation. They couldn't speak very good English. Neither can I apparently. Anyways, they brought over some homemade raviolis. Well I have certainly never had homemade raviolis before! Let alone Russian ones.

They didn't have any sauce with them, but they made a little Russian sauce for them; it was just mayonnaise and ketchup. Well I wish I had had tomato sauce, but it was certainly very good! There was yummy meat inside with a good flavor. I've made an observation about Russian food over the past couple of experiences, it’s usually good, but a little plain and I'm always still hungry afterwards.

My mom also made some strawberry pie which she had never made before and I had never eaten before! The two Russian women had little slivers plain, my sister and her fiancée shared a plain piece, and I had a big piece with two scoops of ice cream and whip cream:) And I still fit into my size 4 dress for the wedding. Now that's what I call amazing.

We need some Italians in our family next, they’ll eat and appreciate our food better!

Isaiah 55:2
Why do you spend your money for that which is not bread, and your labor for that which does not satisfy? Listen diligently to me, and eat what is good, and delight yourselves in rich food.

No comments:

Post a Comment