Monday, April 11, 2011

Lynchburg Talent Show


All I can say about this New for the day is, ridiculousness. Yep, that pretty much sums it up.

My best friend Audrey is a dancer(not the nasty kind) and she is a part of a group at Liberty. Well they auditioned for the Lynchburg Talent Show and got in! So my New for the day was going to this talent show she was in. I believe it was the first year Lynchburg put on a talent show. This should be interesting.

If you know me at all, you would know I am pretty much late for everything. You might call it a part of my charm, plus being a little bit of a mess all the time, as Audrey so kindly puts it. But anyways, so when I get in the car to head on over, I realize that I need to stop and get cash. My bank along the way had its ATM broken, so I had to go out of the way to get to another bank to get money. Needless to say, I was late as always. I try to change, I really do! It just never seems to work out. But it didn't even matter that I was a little late, because the whole show itself was about 30 minutes late starting. And boy was that a grueling 30 minutes! They had a lot of huge speakers stacked up on either side of the stage and music was blasting! It did not take long to get a headache.

I sat with Audrey's family and a couple other friends of hers. And after about fifteen minutes of sitting there did I realize we were the only white people there. Well. I guess white people are just not as talented. We really need to step it up.

When the show finally started, everything was just so loud! There was a little rap song thing first and it was okay I suppose. Then the host came out in her little prom dress thing. She had been Miss Virginia this past year I believe. She had a co-host as well, they were just okay. The whole thing was just really unorganized. It was more of a get together than an actual show.

A dance group from Liberty performed and they were really good! Probably my favorite aside from Audrey's group of course:) They had a couple of different acts of boys trying to rap and some girls trying to sing. And at one point they wanted people from the audience to come up and do a dance off. Oh my goodness. So three sisters went on stage and one was about 5 years old and the others were about 7 and 10. When they started that music they all went crazy! And I mean crazy! The little shy 5 year old who wouldn’t even hardly speak her name into the microphone got down on all fours and started swinging her head all around! I thought I would die! I think that was my favorite part. And they won the dance off by the way.

But the whole thing just kept dragging out longer and longer until FINALLY Audrey’s group got on stage. They did such a beautiful dance! It didn’t fit into the show at all, they were pretty much the opposite. Very contemporary and ballet. They were the best. Haha and I’m not being biased.

And as soon as they were finished dancing, we booked it out of there. We couldn’t take it anymore. I had a feeling it was probably going to go on for another two hours.

Maybe I’ll try and be in charge of this thing for next year, I could do wonders for them! I’d pull off a great showJ And I’ll make Audrey help me with the organization process. If you would like to come next year you can just send your money to me now and I’ll be sure to reserve your ticket. Thank you!


2 Kings 5:23
And Naaman said, "Be pleased to accept two talents." And he urged him and tied up two talents of silver in two bags, with two changes of clothing, and laid them on two of his servants. And they carried them before Gehazi.

No comments:

Post a Comment