Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Weekend


Fun Fun Fun! All weekend long! And that's my excuse for not writing about my "news" every day:) Everyone needs a break once in a while right?

On Saturday I tried to be a little more studious for my new. I attempted to actually study before I took my Biology quizzes online. Well, it didn't work out so well. As most of the world knows, I am a procrastinator. Therefore I had to wait until the last minute to study. We are all given study guides for the quizzes and what we are supposed to have learned. Well I started the thing, but couldn't get through it. It was too much. It was just so long! I had better things to do, like eat my dinner and watch a movie:) I ended up getting a B on one quiz and a C on the other. I was just fine with that:)

Easter day was fun and funny. I slept over at my parents, but they didn't know it, so they were calling me in the morning to tell me to come over, but my phone wasn't even working so I didn't get any of their messages they sent from upstairs. I woke up by myself and took Jack out and came bak in and they thought I was just getting there. What a bunch of silly heads.

We each found our baskets and mine was fabulous. It was all in a little bag from Charlotte Russ and it was filled with candy and a some clothes. After church we came back and waited for my sister and her husband to come into town so we could all go eat. While we waiting  is when I did my "new." Justin, my brother taught me. He was playing his guitar and he started playing my favorite Beatles' song, "Blackbird." I wanted to learn!

"Justin please teach me! I wanna learn, it'll be my new!" says I.
"Um, okay hold on," he aid. Then he left and when he came back he had a Rolo in his hands.
"Oh thanks!" says I.
"No!" he said, "If you want to learn you must learn to give. Now open the Rolo but do not eat it."
So I did. "Here, I opened it!"
"Thanks!" and he took it and ate it. Oh gosh.

Well the second he started teaching me was the same second I realized that this crap is a lot hard then it looks! My fingers started hurting so bad and my nails were really in the way. I was seriously trying with all my heart! I had never even really put my fingers on a guitar and try to play before. I got some of the notes down, but not nearly enough to know what I was really trying to play. Plus my finger tips had already turned numb. I was pushing down on those strings so hard! Justin said the first time he started playing, his fingers started bleeding. I don't think I'm ready to commit myself to that extent yet.

I have always wished I could play the guitar or something, but I am almost positve that some people are meant to be musical and just know it and those other people, aka me, are just meant to listen to the other people playing. I haven't got it:( That won't stop me from trying harder to learn this stinkin song though! I think I at least have the right to learn one song. I think God will help me do that:)


Psalm 68:35
Awesome is God from his sanctuary;the God of Israel—he is the one who gives power and strength to his people.Blessed be God!

So I was searching for an Easter picture and I saw this. What in the world?
 Can you really buy these things? How do they get like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment