Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day at the Beach


Well as you all know from me missing a lot of daily postings, I have been very tired. "How shall I cure such a dreadful thing?" I asked myself. And the natural response that I came up with is sleep. I need to take a good nap! But not just any old nap, the BEST nap! And there is only one place in the whole world to take the best nap, the beach.

So my New for Sunday was to drive to Virginia Beach just so I could take a nap. And hopefully get some color. Along for the ride came Justin, my brother and Luke, my longtime fellow classmate. We set off at six in the A.M. Luke was prepared with seven mix cds! Oh goodness me Luke, I would expect nothing less:)

Our drive there went well, after playing the celebrity game for about two hours. We made it there about ten o'clock and set up camp. But before we could pass out for a while, I had to go get some tanning oil, the best stuff in the whole world. They didn't have the kind I like, Banana Boat, oh my goodness it smells so good! So I had to settle for Panama Jack SPF 4.

We went back to our stuff and the sun was shining, it was getting warm, I was in heaven. I was out for about 1 to 2 hours.

Justin was getting darker by the second! And Luke's white skin was illuminating in the sun haha he wore a shirt the whole time so he wouldn't get burnt to death. When we got up, Luke and I decided to get in the frigid water.
"Ready, set, go!"
And we sprinted in, and we sprinted out. It felt like little needles everywhere. But after we got out it did feel warmer. Then after a little while we decided to go for a little run, only about 1 to 2 miles, I could've gone farther:)

I got into the water again when we got back, and this time I stayed out there for a while. After about being in the water for about 30 seconds, I went numb and I was just fine. Neither of the boys could stand it, so they both got out, and I just stayed floating along... so peaceful. When I got out I felt like I was on fire, it was really weird! After I dried off a bit, we went and got some pizza to eat.

When we went back to the beach, Justin and I decided to go on the traditional beach stroll. There's just something about walking down the beach that is just so wonderful.

After our stroll, we decided to head back to the Burg. Virginia Beach gets super scary at night! Everyone starts rolling out of bed and gets up for the night to begin and we book it outta there.

If you ever just need a break, a nice nap, just go to the beach. It solves all of life's problems:)


Acts 21:5 
"...And kneeling down on the beach, we prayed"

No comments:

Post a Comment